Major: Political Science

Expected Graduation Year: June 2015

Community College/4-Year Institution You Transferred from: Georgetown University/Orange Coast College

Tell us about yourself and your recent accomplishment: I am a senior political science major at UCI and a proud transfer alumnus from Orange Coast College (OCC). Straight out of high school, I attended a year at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. After a year of spreading myself to extremes, and consequently failing courses, I made the very difficult decision to leave my dream school. I spent two years at Orange Coast College vigorously dedicating myself to academics, reexamining my life, and slowly allowing myself to be involved in campus and community activities once more. I ended my time at OCC as Student Body President, Student Trustee, a Regional President for the Student Senate of California Community Colleges, and the recipient of a dozen college scholarships. This turnaround story led me to entering UCI in the Fall of 2013. This last year at UCI, I served as a Congressional Intern for United States Representative Alan Lowenthal (CA-47) and as a City Commissioner of Parks, Recreation, and the Arts for the City of Garden Grove; however, I was most proud to have served as President of Omicron Chapter of Tau Sigma National Honor Society, the exclusive nationwide society dedicated to promoting and recognizing the achievements of transfer students at the university level. Representing transfers and helping provide a community to welcome people from such diverse and rich backgrounds has been a most rewarding experience. Most recently, I was honored to be recognized as a top national scholarship recipient by Tau Sigma’s National Office.